More than a Spring clean, we love nothing better than starting the New Year with a streamlined closet. Think pared back rails, a renewed sense of style and carefully selected key pieces – it’s time to start 2021 looking and feeling like your best self.
This year, we’re focusing more than ever on sustainability, ditching fast fashion and refreshing our wardrobes, looking to wearing beautiful quality pieces and accessories we love and will wear, over and over again. In the same way we’re phasing out single-use plastic bags from our daily lives, we should start thinking about our clothing.
Fast fashion leads to 1000s of tonnes of clothing being thrown away each year and has a huge impact on the environment, Trading In Style is here to help stop your preloved clothing being sent to landfill – and to help you turn your unwanted garments into spare cash.
Start thinking about your purchases – are these items you really love and will keep for a long time? A classic blazer, floral skirt, statement white shirt. When you fall out of love with a piece, it will be high-quality enough to resell it with Trading In Style - nothing wasted!
Clothing resale is so much better for the planet (and your wallet) and, with our help, couldn’t be simpler!
Here are our top consigning tips:
- Make a virtual appointment with us or show us your items by sending images directly to our Instagram. We will guide you as to what we think will sell or hold resale value.
- Drop off or post your items, leave them with us for six weeks, and let us sell them through our highly interactive community; online and in store. Every three weeks funds will be transferred into your account for the sold items.
- In our experience, the pieces that sell best are:
- Luxury Handbags: particularly Gucci, Chanel, YSL, Hermes, Celine, Loewe.
- Accessories: Hermes, Gucci, Lucy Folk, Balenciaga.
- Mid to High-End Shoes: Golden Goose, Gucci, Valentino, Saint Laurent.
- Jackets and Coats: Burberry, Max Mara, Celine, Moncler.
- High-End Logo Tees: Gucci, Saint Laurent, Anine Bing
- Dresses; Zimmermann: Ganni, Bassike, Lee Mathews.
- Blazers: Camilla & Marc, Balmain.
- If you are considering resale now or in the future:
- Keep authenticity, receipts, boxes, dust bags for higher end pieces.
- Don't wait too long for the trend to pass, so that the item still has value.
- Make sure they are clean and in excellent condition - dry clean prior to consigning if possible.
Get ready for your most stylish year yet. Embrace a more sustainable way of dressing, make extra cash, and invest in key pieces to add a little something special to your daily looks.
New year, same you, better wardrobe.